Careers in Clinical Services
If you are looking for a role that gives you an opportunity to grow, learn and be an inspiring part of an inclusive organisation, then our Clinical Services team is the right fit for you.
Join a team continuously working towards fulfilling Forward’s vision of supporting people living with spinal cord injury to live their best lives.
Make a difference, every day
We are looking for compassionate Allied Health Professionals, including Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Psychologists and Clinical Nurse Consultants who are experts in providing specialist support to people living with a spinal cord injury and related neurological conditions.
Contribute your expertise as a senior clinician in delivering spinal cord injury services within the community. Or develop your specialist skills with access to spinal cord injury related training and best practice resources to upskill within your area of clinical practice.
You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, workshops and professional development courses to build your portfolio of clinical skills for community-based service delivery.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Provide Occupational Therapy services for people living with spinal cord injury related to wheelchairs and seating, pressure care, and assistive tech prescription promoting functional independence
- Promote independence in activities of daily living by recommending functional techniques for mobility and transfers
- Recommend environmental modifications to help clients live their best lives within their homes by improving access and mobility
- Contribute to the development of our occupational therapy services, working alongside the most experienced spinal specialists including nurse consultants and an allied health team across NSW
- Provide support and clinical guidance for manual handling assessments and safe work environment assessments
As a Clinical Nurse Consultant, you will:
- Provide community-based care, to support independence and quality of life for people living with spinal cord injury and related conditions
- Provide expert clinical assessments, interventions and reports based on current evidence-based practice including sound clinical recommendations related to continence, wound and pressure area management, health and wellbeing and nutrition
- Empower clients to make informed product choices to improve their well-being and lifestyle
- Represent Forward at local spinal or related events and maintain relationships with existing spinal services and other relevant organisations
- Deliver training and education and provide expert clinical advice across teams within Forward and BrightSky Australia
- Access to salary packaging to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, meaning more take-home pay
- Additional tax benefits available (up to $2650 meal/entertainment benefit plus novated leasing, plus a number of available tax benefits each FBT year)
- Highly competitive salary and a flexible work schedule. No weekend shifts.
- Training specific to your role, spinal cord injury and extensive COVID-19 training
- Opportunity to attend relevant conferences (local, state, national and international) realetd to your professional development learning goals
- Networking amongst peak bodies within the disability and spinal injuries sector
- Family-friendly, supportive, inclusive environment
Registered Nurse at Ferguson Lodge
Why working at Forward makes every day better
What is a typical day for you?
I work 6am-2pm. When I finish here I have half a day to look after my family as well. When I worked in the hospital, there was no certain time, I had to do shifts. That definitely didn’t suit my life or my family life.
How does working at Forward compare to your previous jobs?
I worked in a hospital before, it was definitely really busy and I came here in 2012. When I started working here… I had more attachment with the residents and I got more interested with spinal cord injury. I learned lots of things about the spinal cord injury, the management was great and also the shifts.
I have worked in the nursing home as well. It’s totally different working here, two different things. We focus on our staff and residents here but in a nursing home you can’t do that because it’s too busy.
What would you say to someone thinking about working with Forward?
It’s a really rewarding place, it’s very fun to work here, it’s not like the under pressure work, work here is friendly, with a friendly team. The time is passing very quick as well!
Got a question?
Talk to us for more information about our services and how we can help you.