Specialists in delivering community-based services for spinal cord injury and related conditions.
Supporting you to move forward
At Forward, our Clinical Nurse and Allied Health Consultants are up to date with the latest developments in spinal cord injury research. This expertise is applied when delivering services to you in the comfort of your own home and in the wider community.
We work with you to find your best way forward.
What we can help you with
Our Occupational Therapists are specialised clinicians who are experts in supporting your individual goals and help you live independently, regardless of how complex your needs may be.
- Equipment prescription:
– Manual and power wheelchair
– Hi-Low bed
– Minor adaptations and assistive technology
- Manual handling training
- Pressure care management
- Home modifications and ADL adaptations
- Functional and self-care needs assessment
- Tailored participant education and or carer education
Clinical Nurse Consultant
Our Clinical Nurse Consultants are here to support you, your carers and your family with specialist assessments, expert clinical advice and recommendations related to spinal cord injury.
- Neurogenic continence assessment and support
- Pressure care management and support
- Consumable equipment assessment and recommendations
- Review of care procedures
- Skin integrity assessment, wound assessment and reviews
- Tailored education sessions relating to:
– Care procedures for the participant and or care staff
– Autonomic dysreflexia education to the participant and or care staff
– Sexuality and sexual function post spinal cord injury education
– Healthy living with a spinal cord injury
- Catheter change
- Wound dressing application
Got a question?
For more information about how we can support you, or to request a service please get in touch.
Links and Resources
- BrightSky Australia – can assist with consumables
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Ageing with SCI
- Pressure injury and skin care needs
- Assistive Technology Australia
- Carer Gateway, Emergency Respite
- The National Public Toilet Map
- Manual Wheelchair Skills Tips for protecting upper limbs
- Ageing with SCI in the UK – information and resources
- Ageing with SCI in Washington, USA – information and resources