Forward’s clinical services team is made up of Clinical Nurse Consultants and Occupational Therapists with extensive experience in spinal cord injury and similar neurological conditions.
Our Clinical Nurse Consultants are here to provide you, your carers and your family with specialist assessment, expert advice and clinical support especially related to spinal cord injury or related neurological conditions. You’ll also find us very active in the community, providing training, information, specialist advice and support to health professionals.
Our Occupational Therapists are senior, specialised therapists who are experts in supporting your individual needs and goals, regardless of how complex your needs may be.
No matter what your age, if you have a spinal cord injury or similar neurological conditions, we’ll work with you to find your best way forward.
What we can help you with
- Continence assessments
- Wound and pressure injury assessments and management plans
- Equipment recommendations and prescriptions
- Advice on wheelchair use, including propulsion and overuse injury prevention
- Equipment assessment and recommendations
- Assistive technology, assessment and recommendations
- Transfers and techniques, and recommendations to maximise independence
- Information about home modifications
- Travel planning
- Advice and education
- Skills training around the home or in the community
- NDIS and iCare assessments
- Consultations under private health insurance
- We also provide education and advice to carers, families and health professionals
Got a question?
For more information about how we can support you, or to request a service please get in touch.
Links and Resources
- BrightSky Australia – can assist with consumables
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Ageing with SCI
- Pressure injury and skin care needs
- Assistive Technology Australia
- Carer Gateway, Emergency Respite
- The National Public Toilet Map
- Manual Wheelchair Skills Tips for protecting upper limbs
- Ageing with SCI in the UK – information and resources
- Ageing with SCI in Washington, USA – information and resources